Sunday, October 11, 2009

Chicago's Broadway Antique Market





I just returned from visiting my daughter in Chicago and while there I discovered a fabulous antique emporium--Broadway Antique Market. It is packed-full of mid-century modern treasures. My sister contemplated purchasing a lucite sculpture until she realized she had no way of getting it home. The Broadway Antique Market has everything from the most amazing costume and sterling silver jewelry to furniture designed by some of the icons of the 20th century.


A section of the window display-very sophisticated. I adore the floor lamp.


The wall shelf on the left and the pair of prints on the right would look great in my living room.



I really wanted this wire poodle magazine rack. Very cool!


And how about this fabulous chair?



I picked up a small 1950s cat wire mail sorter--I have been looking for one of these for years. It is adorable--I want more!



The staff is helpful and all seem to have expertise in a wide variety of 20th century decorative arts. Also, they are funny and seem to really enjoy their jobs. If you are in Chicago, check it out. You won't be disappointed. 6130 N. Broadway, Chicago, Illinois, 60660, 773-743-5444
 

No comments:

Post a Comment