Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Next Show For Gabriel Gibson Decorative Arts January 2-3, 2010

Even though Christmas is right around the corner and I am not even close to being ready, I am planning for my next antique show, The 17th Winter Hunt Country Holiday Antique Show at the Hill School in Middleburg, Virginia. January 2 and 3. http://dfshows.com/

For this show, I picked a bright red paper to cover the walls of my booth. The focal point of the space is a fabulous green and red floral basket quilt from the 1920s-30s. It is a knock-out quilt and the price is right for these tough economic times. I will show you pictures of the quilt in a later post.

I've never taken jewelry to a show, but may do so this time. In order to exhibit it so it gets noticed, I need a lighted case. A smallish one will do. Although they can be rented, I prefer to purchase one, which means I will save money in the long run. So in the next few weeks I will be hunting for a case for a reasonable price. With so many shops closing, it shouldn't be too hard to find one.

I am carefully editing the objects being offered for sale at this show, offering only the best and most iconic.  Many have been recently acquired and are being offered to the the secondary market for the first time.

Textiles will include quilts, hooked rugs, linens (exquisite vintage table and bed linens,) 1950s furnishing fabric yardage for mid-century modern decorating projects,and several framed pieces.
I always like to offer a nice selection of smalls, such as 19th century pin wipers, museum-quality mercury glass, and folk art toys, Below are images of some of these items.



2 Mexican silver bracelets from the 1930s-40s.



An iconic design in a 1950s hooked rug.




The most fabulous white and orange fan quilt. It reminds me of a Dreamsicle.
   



Marked Chanel earrings from the 1980s.




For the gentleman.




Felted puppy pin wiper (or dauber) 
These rare 19th century hand-made wipers were used to clean ink off the nib of writing pins. This one saw minor use. 





A 1950s pillow in perfect condition. I sell only fabrics in perfect condition, ready for use in your home.  

More later on preparations for the show.  Now, back to shopping for Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment