Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Week Working the Fields of Brimfield

Brimfield at 6 AM the morning of the first day. It's quiet for now, but in two more hours it will be packed with people looking for that one-in-a-million "find."
The line for breakfast was always long this early in the morning. 

My first prize of the day.
1960s-1970s Needlework

And then I found this one. I love these pieces.

She must have found a lot of Wedgewood because I saw her all morning pushing that cart back and forth from one field to another filled with stuff. 

It was early and these guys already looked tired. They probably stayed up too late counting their money.

I found this pretty Postage Stamp quilt. 

This tent looked interesting. I bet I walked by it 100 times in the week I was there.

I love signs and so does my daughter. I almost bought this one.

Here is another object I almost purchased. I decided this sampler was nice, but too acidic. I didn't want to pay the high price the dealer was asking and then have to have it conserved. I kept walking.

Interesting birdhouse.

I bought this child's nursery rhyme quilt.

And this tinsel painting

And this tinsel painting in a fabulous arts and crafts frame. 

And this fabulous orange mid-century quilt. I love orange in quilts. You rarely see it.

And another tinsel painting, c. 1850. This one has a rare white ground. Probably in its original frame.

By the end of the day it was crowded and I was so tired, but kept looking and buying. 

Mexican Sterling Silver Bracelet
This one is very beautiful. 

I was lucky to find a large amount of 1950s furnishing fabrics in PERFECT condition. 

All will be for sale in about a month in my new shop at www.vandm.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment